We started 165 years ago, as a trading company focussed on Rotterdam. Our company has now developed into an international distributor and market consultant. We have offices in the Netherlands, the UK and Germany, and are represented throughout north-west Europe. This is how our company developed:
A short history of De Monchy
- 1851 – founded as a trading company focussed on Rotterdam.
- 1972 – the De Monchy family developed De Monchy International B.V. into an international chemicals distributor specialising in raw materials for technical applications.
- 2006 – acquisition of Fasting & Co. B.V. (founded in 1887), a specialist distributor of waxes.
- 2008 – acquisition of Eichrodt Chemie GmbH, a distributor of chemical specialties, and now our sales office in Düsseldorf, responsible for our operations in Germany, Austria and Switzerland – De Monchy Deutschland GmbH
- 2010 – acquisition of Veltra International, distributor of resins and polymers for the adhesives industry.
- 2016 – opening of the new Monchy International office just outside Rotterdam.
- 2017 - Acquisition of Marlin Chemicals, specialist en chemical distribution firm within the UK and Ireland